First-time homebuyers in the city of Santa Ana may be able to utilize this down payment assistance program. Up to $40,000 as a 0% interest loan is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In order to qualify, the applicant must be using the property as their primary residence. Applicants must also be first-time homebuyers, have not owned a house in the prior three years, have been pre-qualified for a mortgage, have acceptable credit, and fall within certain income limits. A minimum of 3% of the down payment must be paid using the applicant’s own funds. Further, a Homebuyer Counseling Program is required.
The house being purchased must be a new or existing house or condo in Santa Ana and meet a specified purchase price.
As of 2020, the total annual household income limits are as follows:
Applicants must fall within specified annual household income limits. Annual household income is defined as any income earned by anyone in the household age 18 and up, even if they’re not listed on the mortgage loan.
Other programs in California:
- MyHome Assistance Program
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- CalHome Program
- First Home Mortgage Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Riverside Down Payment Assistance Program
- School Teacher Employee Assistance Program