The Golden State Finance Authority (GSFA) offers its Platinum Program to help with the down payment and closing costs of a home loan. Assistance is offered in the form of a grant for up to 5% of the loan amount. This does not need to be paid back.
Eligible applicants must be using the house as their primary residence, fall within certain income limits, have a minimum credit score of 640, and a debt-to-income ratio no higher than 50%.
Other programs in California:
- MyHome Assistance Program
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- CalHome Program
- First Home Mortgage Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- Riverside Down Payment Assistance Program
- School Teacher Employee Assistance Program