The First Home Mortgage Program was created by the Southern California Home Financing Authority, an authority between Los Angeles and Orange Counties. The Los Angeles County Community Development Commission (CDC) and the Public Finance Division of the County of Orange both oversee the program.
Assistance funds are offered in the form of a grant for up to 4% of the mortgage amount. These funds can be used to help cover the costs of the down payment and/or closing. This grant does not need to be paid back.
In addition to this program, applicants can also utilize the Home Ownership Program and/or the Mortgage Credit Certificate Program.
Applicants must be working with a participating lender in order to receive assistance. Applicants must also have a credit score of at least 640, and a debt-to-income ratio no more than 45%. A homebuying education class must be finished, and a certificate of completion attained with a date not more than 12 months prior to closing.
Other programs in California:
- MyHome Assistance Program
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- CalHome Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- Riverside Down Payment Assistance Program
- School Teacher Employee Assistance Program