MyHome Assistance Program
Through the MyHome Assistance Program, qualified individuals can receive a junior loan for as much as 3% of the sale price or appraised value of the home. This loan has deferred-payment and funds are used to help cover the down payment and/or closing costs.
Interested applicants must have a California Housing Agency (CalHFA) mortgage, be first-time homebuyers, use the property as their primary residence, finish a homebuyer education class, meet their lender and mortgage insurers’ requirements, and may also need to fall within certain income limits.
In order to qualify, the purchase price cannot be more than a certain amount (determined by location), and must also be a one-unit, single-family residence. In some cases, properties with guest houses, granny units, or in-law quarters can be eligible. Manufactured houses are allowed as long as they have a permanent foundation and the borrower has an FHA first mortgage. The property cannot have a lot size larger than 5 acres. Leaseholds, land-trusts and co-ops are not allowed.
Other programs in California:
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- CalHome Program
- First Home Mortgage Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- Riverside Down Payment Assistance Program
- School Teacher Employee Assistance Program