Consumer Credit Counseling Service, offered through Lifelines Counseling Services, provides multiple financial education counseling, workshops, and education. Topics are grouped into two main categories: Budget & Debt, and Housing. Budget and Counseling includes budget planning counseling, debt management, credit report review, bankruptcy counseling, student loan counseling, identity theft counseling, and small business ownership counseling. Housing includes pre-purchase and post-purchase counseling, a homebuying workshop, foreclosure prevention, and home equity conversion counseling. Many courses are offered online for a fee; however, the Online Student Loan Counseling class and Online Smart About Money class are both free.
Education by Consumer Credit Counseling is required for the Mobile County Down Payment Assistance Program.
- Contact Info:
- Website: lifelinesmobile.org
- Phone: 251-602-0011
- 705 Oak Circle Drive East
- Mobile, Alabama 36609-4221
Other housing education and counseling agencies in Alabama:
- Alabama Council on Human Relations, Inc
- Birmingham Urban League
- NACA Alabama
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Birmingham, Inc.
- Operation Hope Birmingham
- United Way of Central Alabama, Inc
- Community Action Partnership of North Alabama
- Community Action Agency of Northwest Alabama
- Community Action Partnership of Huntsville, Madison, & Limestone Counties
- Family Services Center
- Walker County Community Action Agency
- NID Housing Counseling Agency Alabama
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Legal Services Alabama Inc
- Housing Authority of The City of Prichard
- Community Service Programs of West Alabama, Inc
To search for programs in a different state, click here.