The program is available to individuals buying properties in the town of Normal. Funds from Normal’s DPA program come from the Community Development Block Grant program.
As much as $3,000 is offered to help borrowers cover the costs of closing and the down payment. This is a forgivable second mortgage that has no interest or monthly payments. 20% is forgiven each year, with the entire loan amount forgiven after 5 years.
Only primary residences are allowed to be purchased using this program, and mobile homes are not eligible.
As of 2022, the total annual household income limits are below:
- 1 person household: $52,200
- 2 person household: $59,650
- 3 person household: $67,100
- 4 person household: $74,550
- 5 person household: $80,550
- 6 person household: $86,500
- 7 person household: $92,450
- 8 person household: $98,450
Other programs in Illinois:
- Down Payment Plus Programs
- HOMEbuyer Program
- Chicago Home Buyer Assistance Program
- City of Alton’s Homeownership Program
- Joliet Down Payment Assistance Program
- Kane County First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Romeoville Assist Program