This down payment assistance program for residents of Joliet City offers between $1,000 and 20% of the sales price of a home in down payment assistance. This is a second mortgage with 0% interest that can be forgiven.
In order to qualify, an individual must be from a low-income household (with an annual household income that is not more than 80% of the area median income). Applicants must also finish 8 hours of approved homebuyer counseling. They must be able to put down at least $2,500 towards the home purchase from their own assets.
Only primary residences are applicable, and the property must be a single-family house, townhouse, condominium, or manufactured home on a fixed foundation. The house cannot have any tenants, and must not be located within the 100-year flood plain. It must also fall within certain purchase price limits.
Other programs in Illinois:
- Down Payment Plus Programs
- HOMEbuyer Program
- Chicago Home Buyer Assistance Program
- City of Alton’s Homeownership Program
- Kane County First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Normal Homebuyer’s Down Payment Assistance Program
- Romeoville Assist Program