This program is for applicants in Madison County. In order to be eligible, applicants have to be a first-time homebuyer. Further, applicants must fall within the following total household income limits as of 2020:
- 1 person household: $41,750
- 2 person household: $47,700
- 3 person household: $53,650
- 4 person household: $59,650
- 5 person household: $64,400
- 6 person household: $69,150
The property being purchased must be a new-construction or existing one to two-unit family house or condominium.
Applicants can receive as much as $5,000 for costs associated with the down payment and closing. This can include appraisal fees, credit report fees, inspection fees, home buyer counseling fees, settlement and title fees, and underwriting and processing fees.
Applicants must also be working with a participating Madison County lender.
Other programs in Illinois:
- Down Payment Plus Programs
- Chicago Home Buyer Assistance Program
- City of Alton’s Homeownership Program
- Joliet Down Payment Assistance Program
- Kane County First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Normal Homebuyer’s Down Payment Assistance Program
- Romeoville Assist Program