Welcome Home: Own in Logan
Neighborhood Housing Solutions’ Welcome Home: Own in Logan program has helped more than 200 households so far. This program is for first-time homebuyers in Logan, Utah. As much as $7,500 is offered by Neighborhood Housing Solutions in the form of two different grants.
The first grant that Welcome Home offers is a base grant of $5,000. Applicants must be able to put down $500 from their own assets (not including gift funds). This grant does not need to be repaid unless the property is sold, refinanced, or meets certain other conditions.
The second grant is for as much as $2,500 and is a matching grant, which means that Neighborhood Housing Solutions will match the payment that you put down after the first $500 for up to $2,500. As long as you remain in the house for a period of at least 10 years, this grant does not need to be repaid.
Only existing, single-family, houses are allowed. Condos, townhomes, duplexes, and new construction houses cannot be purchased using these grants.
Applicants have to obtain an eligible loan in order to utilize this program. Loans with 100% financing are not allowed, and the applicant cannot be receiving any other down payment assistance that creates a lien.
Certain income and DTI limits apply, and homebuyer education is required.
Other programs in Utah:
- UHC Down Payment Assistance
- CDCU Down Payment Assistance
- West Valley City Down Payment Assistance Grant
- BRAG First Time Homebuyer Assistance
- Weber Housing Authority Homeownership Assistance Program
- Own in Odgen Program
- Davis First Time Home Buyer
- Clearfield First Time Home Buyer
- City of West Jordan Down Payment Assistance Program
- Loan to Own Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Provo Home Purchase Plus Program