Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
This Down payment assistance program specifically for veterans is offered by the Washington State Housing Finance Commission.
This program, which is meant to be combined with a HomeAdvantage mortgage, can offer qualified veterans as much as $10,000 in assistance funds. This is offered as a 3% interest second mortgage with a 10-year term.
In order to qualify, the applicant must be: an individual with an honorable discharge or an honorable record and a medical discharge; a current member of the Washington National Guard and Reserve, or a former member with an honorable discharge; or a never-remarried spouse or dependent child of a deceased veteran. Applicants must also be either first-time homebuyers or purchasing a house in a designated target area. A homebuyer seminar must also be attended.
Income limits as of 2022 are as follows:
- King and Snohomish Counties: $115,700
- All Other Counties: $91,600
Other programs in Washington:
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program