For certain cities, this down payment assistance program can be used in combination with a Home Advantage mortgage. As much as $30,000 is offered with a 4% interest rate to help with the down payment. However, the applicant must be able to put down a minimum of 2% of the purchase price from their own funds. Half of this can come from gift funds if necessary.
This loan has deferred payment and only becomes due if the property is sold, transferred, refinanced, or is no longer owner-occupied, or when the first mortgage has been paid in full.
Applicants must attend both a homebuying seminar and individual homebuyer counseling.
This program is available in the following cities: Beaux Arts Village, Bellevue, Bothell, Clyde Hill, Hunts Point, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kirkland, Medina, Mercer Island, Newcastle, Redmond, Sammamish, Woodinville, and Yarrow Point. Only properties that will be owner-occupied will be allowed. Furthermore, the property cannot have had any tenants occupying it within 90 days of closing or the sale agreement.
As of 2022, the income limits for this program are:
- 1 person household: $63,350
- 2 person household: $72,400
- 3 person household: $81,450
- 4 person household: $90,500
- 5 person household: $97,750
- 6 person household: $105,000
- 7 person household: $112,250
- 8 person household: $115,700
Other programs in Washington:
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program