The Anchorage branch of Money Management International is HUD-approved and offers the following services in both English and Spanish:
- Financial Management Counseling
- Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling
- Post Purchase Workshops
- Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops
- Predatory Lending Education Workshops
- Rental Housing Counseling
- Homelessness Counseling
Interested individuals can receive counseling or education either via telephone, online, or in-person.
Of their online courses, the three marketed towards homebuyers include Essentials for Buying a Home, Framework, and eHome America. The first, Essentials for Buying a Home, has a registration fee of $35 and provides information on purchasing and maintaining a house. The second, Framework, is $75 and is more complex and detailed than the Essentials course. Finally, eHome America is $99 and is for first-time homebuyers and/or those who need a homebuyer education certificate.
Money Management International’s history begins in 1958. Originally six different consumer credit counseling agencies, the agencies joined together in 1997 to become Money Management by Mail. The nonprofit then later changed its name to Money Management International in 2003.
- Contact Info:
- Website: www.moneymanagement.org
- Phone: 866-232-9080
- 417 Barrow St
- Anchorage, Alaska 99501-2515
Other housing education and counseling agencies in Alaska
- NeighborWorks Alaska
- Money Management International – Anchorage Branch
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
To search for programs in a different state, click here.