The Homeownership Assistance Program is available through the Grants and Community Development Departments of the City of Jonesboro. The program pays assistance funds to the title company directly.
Eligible applicants must have not owned a house in the previous three years, be first-time homebuyers, fall within certain annual household income limits and complete a HUD-approved homebuying education class, which can be done either in person or online.
Properties purchased using this program must be in Jonesboro but not in a flood zone. They must also meet the Minimum Housing Quality Standards from the HUD.
Other programs in Arkansas:
- ADFA Down Payment Assistance
- American Dream Downpayment Initiative
- City of Pine Bluff Homebuyers Assistance Program
- City of Fort Smith Down Payment Assistance Program
- Crawford-Sebastian Homeownership Center Affordable Housing Program
- Crawford-Sebastian Homeownership Center Down Payment Assistance