Offered by the Crawford-Sebastian Homeownership Center, this program requires that qualified applicants utilize the purchase property as their primary residence, use an approved lender, complete a homebuying education course, and attend 1-on-1 budget counseling.
The City of Fort Smith DPA program is available for buyers purchasing a property within the city limits of Fort Smith. 3.5% of the purchase price of the home is available as assistance funds to cover part or all of the down payment and/or closing costs. If there is a demonstrated need, it may also be allowed for a principal reduction of the mortgage loan.
This is a loan that does not need to be repaid providing that the buyer uses the house as their primary residence for a minimum of 5 years.
The purchase property will need to be inspected, and if it was built prior to 1978, will need to be inspected for lead based paint.
This program is for families with low income.
Other programs in Arkansas:
- ADFA Down Payment Assistance
- American Dream Downpayment Initiative
- Jonesboro Homeownership Assistance Program
- City of Pine Bluff Homebuyers Assistance Program
- Crawford-Sebastian Homeownership Center Affordable Housing Program
- Crawford-Sebastian Homeownership Center Down Payment Assistance