This program is available due to the efforts and resources of Sedgwick and Shawnee Counties. Applicants can receive as much as 4% of the purchase price of their house to help cover the down payment and closing.
A minimum credit score of 660 is allowed, but those with credit scores between 640 and 659 have the option of accessing as much as 3%.
Only first-time homebuyers are eligible; however, this requirement is waived for those purchasing in a designated target area.
The 2020 annual household income limits are listed below:
- 1-2 People Household Maximum Income:
- Kansas City, Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Linn & Miami - $72,800
- Lawrence, Douglas - $74,700
- All Other Areas - $66,700
- 3+ Person Household Maximum Income:
- Kansas City, Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Linn & Miami - $83,720
- Lawrence, Douglas - $85,905
- All Other Areas - $76,705
Other programs in Kansas:
- KHRC First Time Homebuyer Program
- Federal Home Loan Bank Down Payment Assistance Program
- Capitol Federal Closing Costs Assistance Program