Capitol Federal Closing Costs Assistance Program
The CHWC (Community Housing of Wyandotte County) offers the Capitol Federal Closing Costs Assistance Program to qualified applicants. This program is only for those purchasing property in a Low-Income Census Tract.
As much as $1,500 is offered as a grant to help pay for closing costs.
Applicants who are elderly (55+), physically or mentally disabled, recovering from physical abuse, recovered drug or alcohol addicts, or who have been diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, or who have a member of their household who fits one of these criteria, will be given priority.
Applicants must fall within the following total household annual income limits (as of 2020):
- 1 person household: $38,350
- 2 person household: $43,850
- 3 person household: $49,300
- 4 person household: $54,800
- 5 person household: $59,200
- 6 person household: $63,550
- 7 person household: $67,950
- 8 person household: $72,350
Other programs in Kansas:
- Kansas Housing Assistance Program
- KHRC First Time Homebuyer Program
- Federal Home Loan Bank Down Payment Assistance Program