News & Content Editor
Peklava LLC is seeking a News & Content Editor to bring informative, meaningful articles to our consumers that also highlight our current partnerships and product offerings. As a News & Content Editor, you will be responsible for crafting high-quality content that resonates with our consumers and helps them to make smart financial decisions. You will be responsible for writing and editing articles, managing freelancers, and working in a fast-paced content creation environment.
A successful candidate should have an eye for trending, attention-grabbing topics. You will need to come up with multiple article ideas each week, as well as write articles on topics that have been given to you. In addition to producing your own content, you will be in charge of hiring and managing freelancers to produce additional articles for us.
- Publishing two or more articles per day (either your own articles or articles written by freelancers that you manage).
- Writing and editing blog articles, email content, advertorials, listicles, longer format research/data driven articles, interviews, and more.
- Ensuring content is accurate, grammatically correct, and presented in a way that optimizes consumer engagement.
- Monitoring analytics to determine what content works and what doesn't.
- Managing and editing content from a team of freelancers, including assessing, hiring, giving feedback, and ensuring that all freelance-produced content meets our standards.
- Building the Peklava LLC and RateZip brands as go-to sources for personal finance information and education.
- 3 to 5 years in a writing or editorial role.
- Expertise in personal finance topics.
- Ability to work and make decisions both independently and as part of a team.
- A clear understanding of content analytics.
- Basic knowledge of HTML is a plus, but not necessary.
For this to be the right fit, you must want to work on a very small team. You will work directly with the company founder, developer, and director of operations. There are no politics, and no bureaucracy, just direct action and results.
We will offer a competitive base salary. This is a remote position.
We offer a 401k and employer contributed health coverage.
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Range: Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience - talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Base pay range: $75,000/yr - $100,000/yr
Location: 45 Grove St, New Canaan, CT 06840