This $2,000 grant is offered by the New York State’s NYSAR Housing Opportunities Foundation, Inc.
The grant can be put towards the down payment and closing costs, but if the sale closes before funds are awarded, the homebuyer will no longer be eligible.
After an applicant is approved, they will have 120 days to access the grant.
In order to be eligible, applicants must be first-time home buyers, meet certain income restrictions, and be represented by a realtor. The house being purchased must also serve as the applicant’s primary residence and meet certain purchase price restrictions.
Other programs in New York:
- First Home Club Matched Savings Program
- ACRHA Acquisition/Rehabilitation Grant
- Homebuyer Incentive Program
- Home Acquisition Program
- First Time Home Buyer’s Program
- Rensselaer County Homebuyer Program