The Broward County Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program offers down payment assistance for those utilizing Broward County’s First Time Home Buyer Program, a fixed-rate mortgage loan. Assistance is offered through a deferred-payment loan. In order to be eligible, applicants must be first-time home buyers, must have a yearly household income less than 80% of the area median income, and must finish a HUD Counseling seminar. Borrowers must pay at least 1% of the down payment with their own funds and a $750 transaction fee from the Housing Finance Authority (HFA) of Broward County. Eligible properties (including new or existing single-family residences, condominiums, villas, or townhomes) must be the applicant’s primary residence and pass an inspection. Mobile houses and cooperatives are not included.
Other programs in Florida:
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program
- Orange County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Hardest Hit Fund Down Payment Assistance
- Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Palm Bay HOME Down Payment Assistance Program