Family Housing Resources (“FHR”) is a nonprofit organization in Arizona. Founded in 1991, FHR is dedicated to providing housing information and resources to the surrounding community.
FHR offers both pre-purchase counseling and homebuyer education, in addition to other resources for homebuying, renting, or student loan debt relief. Those interested in its down payment assistance program will need to complete their homebuyer education class first.
While FHR normally offers its homebuyer education classes in-person, currently (due to the COVID-19 pandemic), classes are being offered virtually. Please go to FHR’s website to determine if this is still the case. There is a fee associated with FHR’s homebuyer education classes.
Classes take about eight hours, can be in either Spanish or English, and can be completed in a schedule that works for you. Information covered in these courses include affordability, credit, comparing real estate agents, how mortgages work and the process of obtaining a mortgage, home inspections, and closing.
FHR’s pre-purchase counseling is personalized and offered via telephone for free. Some of the things that a counselor can help you with include viewing and disputing errors on your credit report, evaluating your spending, formulating a budget, determining what you can afford, creating a financial plan, explaining loan concepts and helping to determine your best loan option, evaluating your chosen home, preparing you for closing, and determining whether or not you may qualify for down payment assistance.
Since its founding in 1991, FHR has helped more than 12,000 homebuyers.
- Contact Info:
- Website: https://www.fhrtucson.org/
- Phone: 520-318-0993
- 3505 N. Campbell Ave, Suite 501
Tucson, Arizona 85719
Other housing education and counseling agencies in Arizona
- Family Housing Resources
- Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona
- Western Arizona Council of Governments
- Chicanos Por La Causa
- Greater Phoenix Urban League
- Money Management International – Phoenix Branch
- NACA Arizona
- UnidosUS Housing & Financial Empowerment
- NID Housing Counseling Agency Arizona
- Take Charge America
- Comite de Bien Estar, Inc
- Credit Advisors Foundation
- Housing America Corporation
- Greenpath Financial Wellness
- Newtown Community Development Corporation
- Administration of Resources and Choices
- Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona
- Pima County Community Land Trust
- The Primavera Foundation
To search for programs in a different state, click here.