The Utah Housing Corporation (UHC) offers a variety of mortgage loans. These include the FirstHome Loan, the Home Again Loan, the Score Loan, and the NoMI Loan.
When a borrower utilizes one of the above loan products, they can receive a second mortgage to use as down payment assistance. The assistance amount depends on the type and amount of the loan. Borrowers can receive as much as 6% of the FirstHome Loan or HomeAgain Loan amount, as much as 4% of the Score Loan, or as much as 5% of the NoMI loan.
In order to get one of the above loans, the applicant has to contact a participating lender. A list of participating lenders is given on the UHC’s website, but as of 2020, the top lenders producing the most UHC loans are Intercap Lending Inc., Academy Mortgage Corporation, Security National Mortgage Company, Citywide Home Loans, and Veritas Funding, LLC.
For the FirstHome Loan, the applicant must be a first-time homebuyer, but the other three loans do not have this requirement.
Applicants will have to meet a minimum credit score requirement and must be planning on using their new home as their primary residence.
Other conditions may apply. Speak with your lender to see if a UHC loan is right for you!
Other programs in Utah:
- CDCU Down Payment Assistance
- West Valley City Down Payment Assistance Grant
- BRAG First Time Homebuyer Assistance
- Welcome Home: Own in Logan
- Weber Housing Authority Homeownership Assistance Program
- Own in Odgen Program
- Davis First Time Home Buyer
- Clearfield First Time Home Buyer
- City of West Jordan Down Payment Assistance Program
- Loan to Own Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Provo Home Purchase Plus Program