Another downpayment assistance program offered by the Housing Finance Commission of Washington State, Opportunity DPA allows for a borrower to receive as much as $10,000.
The amount that the applicant qualifies for is based partly on need, with the exception of Veterans, who don’t require a need-assessment to qualify. This assistance is classified as a second mortgage with a 1% interest rate. It’s meant to be used with an Opportunity first mortgage loan.
In order to qualify, applicants have to be either first-time homebuyers or buying a house in a designated target area. Applicants also have to attend a seminar about homebuying. Applicants must fall within specified income limits that vary by location and household size.
Other programs in Washington:
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program