Alma Bank, created in 2007, is a local community bank based in New York City. The bank provides traditional bank account services, including checking, savings, and business accounts. Additionally, Alma Bank offers competitive CD rates and money market accounts. As a local bank, Alma puts a heavy emphasis on community relationships and boosting community accountholders with its financial services.
It may be surprising to learn that Alma was founded in 2007. After all, the recent financial crisis began around the same time. However, Efstathios Valiotis, along with about 100 other investors, gathered around $50 million in capital and founded Alma Bank, created in part to serve the Greek-American community in New York. At the time it was created, Alma was the largest state chartered bank in New York's history. The bank has big plans for the future – its goals are $2 billion in assets by 2015 and 20 total banking branches. The bank currently has 12 branches between NY and New Jersey.
Alma Bank offers a wide array of financial products. This includes traditional savings and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and money market accounts. Alma's CDs come in a variety of maturities, from 1 month to 60 months (five years). Check out Alma Bank CD rates and more in RateZip's lender marketplace!
Alma Bank Locations:
New York -
1. 28-31 31st Street, Astoria, New York, 11102
2. 21311 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY, 11361
3. 28-20 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105
4. 8424 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11209
5. 41-02 Broadway, Astoria, NY 11103
6. 1218 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NY 11237
7. 140 58th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220
8. 1705 Crosby Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461
9. 1023 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10018
New Jersey -
1. 20 West Railroad Avenue, Tenafly, New Jersey 07670
2. 817 Abbott Blvd, Fort Lee, NJ 07024
3. 1589 Palisade Avenue, Fort Lee, NJ 07024
This bank profile is not an endorsement or advertisement for the bank's products and services. RateZip is an independent publisher of bank information.